Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Themed Objects 


In Process pictures




Final Pictures








Artist Statement- 

My theme changed frequently throughout this project, my first research for a theme was always built on the idea of nature, which branched out to different things. I finally came to my theme of the Ocean in particular ocean plants and jelly fish, my inspiration for this was sparked by the Disney movie "Finding Nemo". I stitched together tissue paper filled with more tissue paper to create these half moon shapes that I eventually strung together on thread and hung them from the ceiling. I chose to hang them on thread to get the soft movement that they have when hung to replicate the fluid movement that seaweed or other sea plants have in the water. I chose soft warm washed out coral colors to go with my theme. I decided to use tissue paper because it is so thin and transparent which I liked because it reminded me of the translucency of jelly fish, and how other plants look in the water. The thin tissue paper slightly exposes the tissue paper stuffed inside creating these light and dark shapes underneath.


Research pictures -







No comments:

Post a Comment