Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Memento 


In process pictures




Final Pictures






Artist Statement - 

The memory I chose for "Memento" was my childhood summers spent in my summer house in Cesme, Turkey. My three materials were paper, glue, and dried pressed flowers. I chose to use paper because I like the clean white surface of it reminding me of how clear and clean it was in my Cesme house away from the busy tourists. I used glue to varnish the surface and stick my flowers down. I chose to use these flowers because Cesme was always filled with wild overgrown flowers, and I wanted to capture the scents of nature in Cesme; jasmine, honey suckle, and many other clean fresh scents from the beautiful plants. The shape of my sculpture was designed to represent a few different things that I remember from this place, the sea gulls, wind surfing sails, sailing boats, and also windmills which are all things that I am reminded of when I think of Cesme.


No comments:

Post a Comment