Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Architecture Relief 


In process Picture


Experimenting with thread and pins


Final Pictures







Artist Statement - 

I chose to use Gothic and Art Deco Architecture as inspiration for my piece. I used a circular shape inspired by the rose window seen in all Gothic Cathedrals as a starting point for my design. I then chose to cut out a design of a simple rose window, to resemble a stained class window using white and black paper. I then used white foam core to create the circular structure with black paper placed on top. I used pins and string to create the design over my rose window. I chose to use string because it is thin and lace like which is how gothic architecture looks with the stone stretched out to become like lace. The repetition of the string in circles and small triangles was inspiration from Art deco which uses a lot of repetition in the designs. 

Architectural Inspiration 


Chrysler Building, New York 


Chrysler Building, New York 


York Minster rose window, York, England 


York Minster, York, England

No comments:

Post a Comment